FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in     
Cash boost for Stan statue

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Laurel & Hardy Forum Forum Index :: The Periwinkle Gazette
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Patrol
Jailbird
Jailbird

uk.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Cash boost for Stan statue Reply with quote

According to the North West Evening News, South Lakeland District Council has agreed to give 100,000 to Ulverston for refurbishment work. The entire area outside the Coronation Hall is to be redesigned, and the projects agreed to include the installation of the Stan Laurel statue. This will be the last project in the refurbishment work, and no time scale has been mentioned. But there's light at the end of the tunnel at last!
Ross
Admin
Admin

Scotland.gif
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic news. Can't wait for the unveiling. I know Sir Norman Wisdom wanted to be there so I hope it all gets done sooner rather than later.

Ross Owen, Grand Sheik,
Fra Diavolo Tent, Scotland
Sap At Sea
Cuckoo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a GREAT honor! I certainly hope they will extend an invitation to Stan's family here in the States to be guests of honor at the event!

Bernie

View some of my personal collection:
www.ClassicComedians.com
Midnight Patrol
Jailbird
Jailbird

uk.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:
fantastic news. Can't wait for the unveiling. I know Sir Norman Wisdom wanted to be there so I hope it all gets done sooner rather than later.

Well, you know councils. These things take for ever. And work has not even been planned yet, let alone started. And Stan won't be put up until all the other work has been done, which I understand will include replacing garden areas and a roundabout, so I'm afraid it will be a while yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Laurel & Hardy Forum Forum Index :: The Periwinkle Gazette All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: