FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in     
50th Anniversary celebrations in Belfast

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Laurel & Hardy Forum Forum Index :: Worldwide Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry
Vice Sheik

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: 50th Anniversary celebrations in Belfast Reply with quote

Just a note to say that The Another Fine Mess Tent of Northern Ireland will be holding a special meeting tomorrow Saturday 11 August to celebrate the life and work of the team and to honour the 50th anniversary of the passing of Babe Hardy. Festivities commence at 3.00 pm at the Maynard Sinclair Pavilion (directions can be found in our website www.anotherfinesite.com) and we will be having a charity bring and buy sale; Treasure Hunt; Quiz as well the Laurel and Hardy Film Korner with back to back two reelers being screened. We will also be holding the prestigious and inaugural Northern Ireland Kneesy-Earsy-Nosey Championships.

We will have a short break from 6.00 pm to 7.30 pm and then we will be holding our usual meeting. Films will include Them Thar Hills; Tit for Tat and Zenobia as a tribute to Babe who will be fondly remembered in our toasts.

We would love to see as many as possible there so if you know anyone who lives in the Belfast area and who would like to come along please let them know.

Cheers

Gerry

Vice Sheik
the Another Fine Mess Tent of Northern Ireland
Oasis #248
El-Matador
Jailbird
Jailbird

ireland.gif
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gerry I am Looking forward to tomorrow I am bringing my laurel and Hardy handbag and I am also looking foward to meeting u and Keith and Lana and the rest of the tent I should be bringing some stuff to donate for the bring and buy sale.

See ya tommorow

Ollie: You Judas you you ........
Stan: Don't you call me a you you
Gerry
Vice Sheik

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note to say that our celebrations went well given the absolutely diabolical weather we had yesterday - obviously we forgot to get another fine weather report. Zenobia was well receivedas were the other two shorts. We crowned our Kneesie-earsie-nosey champion and rounded off the night with a very poignant photo montage of the beautiful stills of the boys accompanied by the Furey Brothers rendition of Chaplin's "Smile", a memorable way to finish a great day.

It was also great to meet Amy (el matador) who displayed a fantastic knowledge of the boys and guided her team to winning the charity quiz which saw 50 being donated to one of our nominated Charities, the Belfast City Hospital Kidney Dialysis Unit. Well done Amy.

Our next meeting will be on Saturday 22 September at 7.30 pm. All welcome.

Gerry
Razz
Ross
Admin
Admin

Scotland.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done to all involved in making this event a success. I know it's not easy and there is a lot of pressure Gerry. Pity about the good old British weather. We had torrential rain last week too during our L&H event here in Scotland.

Hats off to all of you. You too Amy Smile

Did any of you get some pics?

Ross Owen, Grand Sheik,
Fra Diavolo Tent, Scotland
El-Matador
Jailbird
Jailbird

ireland.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a wonderful day for me Gerry and Thank you. Hi Ross I dont think there was any pictures as such but it was a great time I dont think gerry and Keith were surpeised I won the quiz. Zenobia was wonderful and It was nice to see Ollie getting a lead role.
Hats Off to you to Ross.
Ross If you want I might ask gerry or myself more details about the wonderful event.

Ollie: You Judas you you ........
Stan: Don't you call me a you you
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Laurel & Hardy Forum Forum Index :: Worldwide Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: