FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in     
My mate got banned!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Laurel & Hardy Forum Forum Index :: Support & Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Columbo
Beer Baron
Beer Baron

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackRaven wrote:
Just one more thing ........

Very Happy

Seriously, I get the pee taken out of me at work for saying that... well weird, as they didn't know about my 'Columbo' forum user name (I use that on a few), but I ended up with that nickname - plus I rub me temple with one hand whilst walking too - nervous habit, or reality imitating art?

;D

N.
Find Hats Off
Tie Twiddler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, according to what I wrote down on the tiny notebook that I carry in my trenchcoat pocket, it appears that art imitates life, but then in turn influences people in their real lives, so that life ends up imitating art.

Ollie: "Tell me that again."
Stan: "Well, if you get some art, then it's imitated you, but then when you look in your notebook, you find that you've imitated the art, so in real life, art imitates notebooks."
Ollie: "That's very well put. Now I get it."
Columbo
Beer Baron
Beer Baron

uk.gif
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find Hats Off wrote:
Well, according to what I wrote down on the tiny notebook that I carry in my trenchcoat pocket, it appears that art imitates life, but then in turn influences people in their real lives, so that life ends up imitating art.

Ollie: "Tell me that again."
Stan: "Well, if you get some art, then it's imitated you, but then when you look in your notebook, you find that you've imitated the art, so in real life, art imitates notebooks."
Ollie: "That's very well put. Now I get it."

I've not time for all that - life isn't short enough.

And of course... any bird can build a nest, but it's not every bird that can lay an egg!

Very Happy Go on... guess what I watched today!

N.
Ross
Admin
Admin

Scotland.gif
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow I never knew anything about this thread and all this spam filter hassle till now (Ive been gone for a while). I didn't realise they could cause so much hassle.

I have to say it's a real pain these days with bots signing up. The staff (including myself) spend more time on the forum manually deleting bots these days. It's literally every 5 mins a new one signs up and some of them post malicious virus links. I'm sorry you had so much trouble joining up at the start Columbo. I hope it's all sorted now. It's not a great start for any new member. Being a family forum means 10 times the work. I should point ut that all the staff here help out volountarily and without expecting any rewards and I am sure I speak for all the admins and members when I say they do a great job and their efforts are highly appreciated. We thrive on being a forum of fellowship and we too get frustrated when situations like this arise. I also know first hand how frustrating it can be trying to get on to some forums.

With all that said, as far as I know this is an isolated incident so I do hope you find the forum a bit more user friendly now Columbo.

Have a cigar?

Ross Owen, Grand Sheik,
Fra Diavolo Tent, Scotland
Find Hats Off
Tie Twiddler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross wrote:

I have to say it's a real pain these days with bots signing up. The staff (including myself) spend more time on the forum manually deleting bots these days. It's literally every 5 mins a new one signs up and some of them post malicious virus links... Being a family forum means 10 times the work. I should point ut that all the staff here help out volountarily and without expecting any rewards and I am sure I speak for all the admins and members when I say they do a great job and their efforts are highly appreciated.

This is true. There for a while, every time I would log onto the Forum, there would be new posts by new "members" selling prescription drugs and videos of... let's just say that these videos had nothing to do with Laurel and Hardy. You guys do a great job in keeping this Forum up and running and clean. I hope that everything is OK with you, Columbo. It's good to have you here with us.
Mr. Hall
Overstuffed Polliwog
Overstuffed Polliwog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l got hit with two harsh viruses on here, but, l agree... you folks do an excellent job keeping this a friendly, safe place Very Happy
exhausted ruler
Fresh Fish
Fresh Fish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that happen to me the first time I posted, for some reason I said I liked L and H as a "teen" as in teenager, and was told it was a no no word. I was baffled and didin't post for awhile but tried again. I think you guys are doing a great job, didin't realize how much was involved in keeping this forum up and running. Still don't know why the teen word was considered a no no...
Dean
Global Mod
Global Mod

Scotland.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word teen is commonly used in the profiles of these fake 'bot' members when describing some weird website they're plugging.
Mike Quinn
Slowburner
Slowburner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stubbed my toe on this web site once.... does that count? Shocked
Sap At Sea
Cuckoo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, the "Laurel & Hardy Forum" has become THE internet place for fans of the comedy team. My (bowler) hat's off to you!

Bernie

View some of my personal collection:
www.ClassicComedians.com
Neil
Admin
Admin

England.gif
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have some VERY weird members Wink Laughing

Neil Evans, Grand Sheik,
Bacongrabbers Tent, Wigan and St Helens
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Laurel & Hardy Forum Forum Index :: Support & Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

The Laurel & Hardy Forum: The world's biggest online database of information and discussions dedicated to the funniest comedy duo of all time.