FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in     
Laurel and Harday 2005 - includes reviews and photos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Laurel & Hardy Forum Forum Index :: Worldwide Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Del
Singapore Eskimo
Singapore Eskimo

England.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: ROLL CALL Reply with quote

Me too - hopefully. how do i get to the venue from the train station then?
Beer Engine Pub is it??
Neil
Admin
Admin

England.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be great to see you there Willie

For Del
heres a scrollable map http://www.multimap.com
hope this helps, although it might be easier getting a taxi, its about 10-15 min walk depending on how fast you DO walk Wink
see you there

Neil Evans, Grand Sheik,
Bacongrabbers Tent, Wigan and St Helens
Stan
Jailbird
Jailbird

England.gif
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Neil, it will be great to meet all these Laurel and Hardy illuminaries at the do.

Stan
Laughing
Stan
Jailbird
Jailbird

England.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my first Laurel and Harday, and it certainly won't be my last.

Once again Lads, thanks for a great day.

Stan / Andy
Very Happy
Dean
Global Mod
Global Mod

Scotland.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had a great time Andy, I look forward to hearing more stories from the day.
Neil
Admin
Admin

England.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great day
Jean Darling was lovely . she did a talk in front of the whole room on her early days at Roach , her Broadway career ,she was the lead in the first stage production of "Carousel" and got stage direction from Oscar Hammerstein himself , I will post the full interview when Gary gives me the video on Wed night , the Kneesie Earsie Nosie World Championships was brilliant the biggest entry we have ever had , we had 22 different tent represented , Oh and I fot to hold hands with Stan off this board (er we were doing the song at the time I hasten to Add) , Del was there also , BlackRaven was superb as my assistant during the day , doing really complicated stuff like "push that buton will you" Wink Very Happy
Sorry Ross , but that has to have been the best day up to now , But we WILL be doing it again next year , Oh God! Wink
see you

Neil Evans, Grand Sheik,
Dennis
Singapore Eskimo
Singapore Eskimo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Laurel and HarDays 2005 Reply with quote

Did Linda Caldwell and Denise Carter from Harlem, Georgia USA attend ?

If So, Tell me about thier visit.

Dennis Moriarty
aka/dba: Sparkie & Look-A-Likes
Del
Singapore Eskimo
Singapore Eskimo

England.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Laurel and HarDays 2005 Reply with quote

Neil & Steve,

My first - but definitely not my only - Harday. It was a great day out.
I get home and my eldest daughter tells me she wouldve come if i'd told her where i was going!! Next year tho definitely. I expected to see everyone in bowler hats and lookalikes but i was wrong - and glad i wasnt out of place. Aside from the annual events i wouldve just sat and watched The Boys' films all day. Thanx for showing 'Towed in the Hole' ,Ste. 'Thicker Than Water' next time eh. LOL I thought i was a big fan with all The Boys' shorts and some photos - until i met u people!!! And i met the young guy who knows everything about them! How does he know so much? Must have a degree in Laurel & Hardy! Brilliant all the same. And i thought i was a fan!!!
The Master of Ceremonies [was that Ian Munro?] did an excellent job - and the experience showed.
Something i heard by a few members thru the day gave me an idea for the future - which i'd like to put to the event organiser by email if poss.
A great day!!
Spielberg
Fresh Fish
Fresh Fish

England.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately a great day this year. One of the best ones we`ve had for a while. A great turnout with good friendly people (old and new!)

Congratulations to Dougie Brown on winning the `Eric Woods` caption competition!

I`m thinking of changing my name in order to win next years Kneesy Earsy Nosey contest (the 10th!!!)

A good day.

See you all next year! (or some of you next week!)
BlackRaven
Admin
Admin

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Laurel and HarDays 2005 Reply with quote

Del wrote:

The Master of Ceremonies [was that Ian Munro?] did an excellent job - and the experience showed.

No - Iain Munro is not a fan at all. He is just our forum supplier, whom I know as he hosts another forum for me.
Neil
Admin
Admin

England.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Del it was Ian Parker who was the MC , and he is VERY good , although I did have to switch off his mike at one point to get him to carry on
If you have any suggestions for the Laurel and Harday then you can PM me , (I am one of the organisers you know Smile ) and I`ll get back to you.

Neil Evans, Grand Sheik,
Neil
Admin
Admin

England.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok heres some pictures that Gary e-mailed me to keep you going until the full report

First the Loyal toast , I am second from the left and 3rd from the left is Stan from the forum

then we have Jean Darling being interviewed by Chris Coffey

you can visit her homepage

http://indigo.ie/~jdarling/ some lovely stories

The 2005 Kneesie Easrsie Nosie Champion

Miss Emma Graham who coincidentaly comes from Wigan Shocked

Jean Darling was kind enough to pose with everybody who asked her , Even Chris Oh and thats Linda down by Chris and Denise in the pink t_shirt from Harlem

And Anne and Me Shocked

Also a final group photo hopefully will be in the write up in the Wigan Evening Post , if you look carefully you might spot BlackRaven and me! Shocked

Also yes Dennis , Linda and Denise had a great week with us , Had Dinner with all of them on Friday night before the Harday and Denise told me Linda was on the 12th disposable camera since they got there , you will have a lot of photos of Northern England to look at over there my friend , Oh and linda was eliminated from the Kneesie Earsie Nosie contest , after 3 public warnings for harrasing the judges Very Happy she`s a great sport , took it well

Neil Evans, Grand Sheik,

Last edited by Neil on Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Stan
Jailbird
Jailbird

England.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've been to the convention, had a swell time and met both Neil and BlackRaven.

You did a great job lads. This was my first Laurel and Harday, and it certainly won't be my last. Your MC was excellent as well.

Jean was just what her name said she was : A Darling. She was a dear, sweet lady and it was a real pleasure to meet her. It was similarly a pleasure to meet the two ladies from Berth Marks. I was so impressed with their presentation about the Georgia museum that I donated the figurines I had just won in the auction, to their museum!

I enjoyed the Earsie, Kneesie, Nosie competition immensely. I thought both the girl and the boy who were in the final were excellent.

It was also an honour for me to represent the Derby "Hats Off" tent on the stage during the toasts and singing.

A great selection of memorabilia stands as well. Met Roger Robinson, Del Kempster and Willie McIntyre for the first time. All real gents and an honour to make their acquaintance.

I have only one small quibble. Is there any way in which you can establish how many tents were represented there? I know we had 22 Grand Sheiks and dignitaries on the stage during the toasts, but could we hazard a guess as to how many tents were actually in attendance?

Once again Lads, thanks for a great day.

Stan / Andy
Very Happy

Just to reiterate..........It was a dawb!!!!

Stan
Very Happy Very Happy
Neil
Admin
Admin

England.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you enjoyed the day Andy
the figure of 22 Grand Sheikhs up on stage was about right maybe 1 or 2 GS didn`t go up but we dont keep that tight a control on numbers of people/tents who attend , we just go to have a great time , your right about Jean , a lovely lady , nothing was too much toruble , and at 83 (I know I shouldn`t tell a ladies age , but you could probably work it out yourself) , she WAS flirting outrageously with some of the male guests Shocked , can`t wait to get her book (ordered on the day) , her interview was great and when she sang "her" song , hasn`t she got a fantastic voice ? , anyway back to your main question about 22 to 25 tents I think

Neil Evans, Grand Sheik,
Stan
Jailbird
Jailbird

England.gif
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil

When I watched and listened to Jean singing, it made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. When Chris Coffey asked her to sing, I inwardly said to myself "Please don't make her do that, she's old and her voice is probably not what it used to be".

How wrong I was. Her voice was strong and sweet and I hoped her song would last for ages. She really was fantastic.

Stan
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Laurel & Hardy Forum Forum Index :: Worldwide Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: