Greetings from Leeds, UK
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

The Laurel & Hardy Forum -> Saloon Bar

#1: Greetings from Leeds, UK Author: Mrs HardyLocation: Leeds PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:52 pm
    —
Hello everyone!

I'm Jackie, a life-long fan of The Boys. My favourite L&H film is probably Sons of the Desert or Towed in the Hole.

I did have the entire L&H collection on video, but now I'm gradually building up the DVD collection instead.

Looking forward to browsing and chatting about my two favourites. Very Happy

#2:  Author: JDVLocation: Belgium PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:52 pm
    —
Welcome Mrs. Hardy! Wink

#3:  Author: LucyLocation: Lancashire, UK PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:07 pm
    —
Have fun Mrs Hardy Smile

#4:  Author: Hats OffLocation: Leeds, England PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:14 pm
    —
A warm welcome from a fellow citizen of Leeds.
Regards.

#5:  Author: René RivaLocation: Amsterdam, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:44 pm
    —
Hello Jackie! Welcome to the forum!!! Razz

#6:  Author: NeilLocation: St Helens UK PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:01 pm
    —
Welcome to the Forum Jackie
Hope you enjoy your visits Very Happy

#7:  Author: DeanLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:51 pm
    —
Welcome to the forum Jackie, mice to have you here.

#8:  Author: Find Hats OffLocation: Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:41 am
    —
Welcome to the Forum. I was just watching Towed In a Hole the other day with my uncle, and yes, that's certainly a great short. It's great to see the Boys have a film to themselves (except for those few seconds of Billy Gilbert in a straight role). Sons of the Desert always makes me wish that they had done more with Charley Chase- they had those brief moments of nonsense with him in Call of the Cuckoo in 1927, and that brief cameo (in a separate shot) in On the Wrong Trek in 1936, but Sons of the Desert shows that they could have worked together more. The whole film is great.

#9:  Author: El-MatadorLocation: Co.Tyrone Northern Ireland PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:35 pm
    —
Hello Jackie and welcome to the forum Nice to meet you.

#10:  Author: Holly PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:47 pm
    —
Welcome to the Forum! Very Happy

#11:  Author: DiavoloLocation: Staffordshire, England PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:05 pm
    —
Welcome Mrs Hardy...hope you enjoy it here!

#12:  Author: sugardaddieLocation: Bonnie Scotland PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:30 pm
    —
welcome mrs hardy
did you know Amazon.com are doing the boys dvds for only£2 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#13:  Author: Idle AlLocation: Manchester PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:57 pm
    —
Greetings from Manchester. My wife (Jeanie Weenie on this 'ere forum) works in Leeds on Regent St. Whereabouts are you Jackie?

#14:  Author: mr_karno PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:27 am
    —
welcome, I hope you enjoy it here!

#15:  Author: Mrs HardyLocation: Leeds PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:48 pm
    —
sugardaddie wrote:
welcome mrs hardy
did you know Amazon.com are doing the boys dvds for only£2 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I know, I found them the other week and plan on getting them all!! Yipee!!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Very Happy

#16:  Author: Waiter (uncredited)Location: Prestatyn, Cymru PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:21 pm
    —
Welcome.

#17:  Author: laughingoxoLocation: Good old Blighty PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:57 pm
    —
A big welcome! Very Happy

#18:  Author: Theo HuizengaLocation: Vught PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:11 am
    —
Welcome to this wonderful forum. Enjoy yourself.

#19:  Author: john-BogieLocation: Bonnie Scotland PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:10 pm
    —
Welcome to the forum Jackie, we could do with more female fans of "The Boys" Nice to have you here, you will find plenty of events to attend in the U.K. on this forum, So, please, be an active member, the more the merrier, ENJOY Laughing

#20:  Author: Mrs HardyLocation: Leeds PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:33 pm
    —
Thanks John. I've been here 3 months, but your greetings are still welcomex

#21:  Author: john-BogieLocation: Bonnie Scotland PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:31 pm
    —
Yes I know Jackie, I'm always at the coos tail Laughing as we say here in Bonnie Scotland, However, better late than never eh ?
Hope you're enjoying the forum ! Very Happy

The Laurel & Hardy Forum -> Saloon Bar

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1