FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in     
Laurel and Hardy by Tom McGrath

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Laurel & Hardy Forum Forum Index :: Worldwide Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dean
Global Mod
Global Mod

Scotland.gif
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Laurel and Hardy by Tom McGrath Reply with quote

The Arkle Theatre Company in Edinburgh will be putting on the Laurel and Hardy play by Tom McGrath from Wednesday 25th to Saturday the 28th of April.

http://www.arkle-theatre.com/index.htm

I hope to be part of a group of Son's who will catch the show, more detials soon.
Dean
Global Mod
Global Mod

Scotland.gif
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Friday 27th April, I went to see this excellent performance by the Arkle Theatre Company. Phil Barnes played Stan and David Scott played Ollie, with Matthew Brown as the pianist.

These actors both have full time non acting jobs and while speaking to David after the show he referred to the last actors to perform this play as being professionals. While this is true is also does a great injustice to both David and Phil for they were both outstanding and showed a great dedication to entertainment. Indeed David had been working all day then drove down to Edinburgh from Dundee just to appear.

David did say he didn't know much about Laurel and Hardy until they started rehearsing for the show (and he had to research the characters, men and films) after the group finally tracked down Tom McGrath and secured the rights to do the play.

All in all it was an enjoyable night, there was a sold out audiance and a personal touch to the production that made me feel very comfortable as it was a less formal atmosphere but still very professional.

Photo courtesy of Willie McIntyre
Midnight Patrol
Jailbird
Jailbird

uk.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Tom McGrath's play Reply with quote

Does anyone know the itinerary for this tour? I just heard the play will be on at the New Wolsey Theatre in Ipswich in February. If we had the complete itinerary, we could make sure everyone knows when it's in their locality.
Ross
Admin
Admin

Scotland.gif
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try and find one Eric.

Ross Owen, Grand Sheik,
Fra Diavolo Tent, Scotland
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Laurel & Hardy Forum Forum Index :: Worldwide Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: