FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in     
Amazing and Unique Laurel & Hardy Figurines!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Laurel & Hardy Forum Forum Index :: The Periwinkle Gazette
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff
Jailbird
Jailbird

canada.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Amazing and Unique Laurel & Hardy Figurines! Reply with quote

There exist a set of Laurel & Hardy figurines. They are small and probably plastic. They represent at least half of the Laurel and Hardy movies. They are very unique because they are made in a way that represents Stan and Babe in clothing they wore in specific movies. For example, Laurel & Hardy are dressed in blue sailor uniforms for Two Tars and white sailor uniforms for Men O' War. Stan is dressed as a maid and Ollie as Colonel Buckshot for Another Fine Mess. The boys are dressed in their minature costumes with play blocks for Brats, and with overalls and a piano for Music Box, etc, etc, etc. This is a really unique and beautiful set. The artist is said to reside somewhere in England. I really want to purchase this figurine set. I was hoping that someone on this forum could help provide me with contact details for this artist. I would be most grateful! This is a truly awesome collection! Evil or Very Mad
Horse's Radish
Hard Boiled Egg
Hard Boiled Egg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Statues Reply with quote

There are also statues of Mae Busch and Fin..."SO help me, BOB!!!"

The statue of Fin is so authenticly detailed that it's frightening. Put Fin on your desk and call him the head of your customer complaint department.
Jeff
Jailbird
Jailbird

canada.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Fin & Mae Busch figurines you speak of part of this particular set that I've described? I've found out that these are actually made of metal. There are 55 sets in total [44 sets 2 & 11 sets of 3]. I'm saving my money to buy them. They're awesome, but very expensive! Shocked
Hats Off
Jailbird
Jailbird

England.gif
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Amazing and Unique Laurel & Hardy Figurines! Reply with quote

Jeff wrote:
There exist a set of Laurel & Hardy figurines. They are small and probably plastic. They represent at least half of the Laurel and Hardy movies. They are very unique because they are made in a way that represents Stan and Babe in clothing they wore in specific movies. For example, Laurel & Hardy are dressed in blue sailor uniforms for Two Tars and white sailor uniforms for Men O' War. Stan is dressed as a maid and Ollie as Colonel Buckshot for Another Fine Mess. The boys are dressed in their minature costumes with play blocks for Brats, and with overalls and a piano for Music Box, etc, etc, etc. This is a really unique and beautiful set. The artist is said to reside somewhere in England. I really want to purchase this figurine set. I was hoping that someone on this forum could help provide me with contact details for this artist. I would be most grateful! This is a truly awesome collection! Evil or Very Mad

Are these the kind of thing that you mean ? CLICK HERE
Regards.
Jeff
Jailbird
Jailbird

canada.gif
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Yes, those are the ones. A fantastic set. Various versions of these sets usually pop up on ebay every few days.
Stan
Jailbird
Jailbird

England.gif
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can wholeheartedly recommend these figurines. They are produced by a company called Unicorn Miniatures in Tyne and Wear. The proprietor is Rob Armstrong.

I bought my first set at the Stan Laurel 100th birthday bash in Ulverston in 1990. 17 years later, I now have 23 sets.

Rob's a fine fella as well.

Stan
Very Happy
Stan
Jailbird
Jailbird

England.gif
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I'm not Rob's manager or agent, but if you send me a pm, I'll be glad to send you an address for you to obtain a full price list.

Andy
Evil or Very Mad
Jeff
Jailbird
Jailbird

canada.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy. I have Rob's contact info. Now it's just a matter of saving money for the set. They cost about $2-2,500 U.S. for the complete set. There are 55 sets in total. BTW, does he make figurines of other classic comedians as well?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    The Laurel & Hardy Forum Forum Index :: The Periwinkle Gazette All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: