Calling All Sons with Club Magazines

General discussion area. Talk about anything from soup to nuts.

Moderators: leonardo, Nico, Mr. Hall, sugardaddie, René Riva, Kay, Ross, BlackRaven, administrator, Neil

Calling All Sons with Club Magazines

Postby Gerry on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi everyone.

Keith and I are always looking for ways to make our meetings more interesting and we were thinking that for our September meeting, it would be nice to create a display of Sons of the Desert club magazines to show our gang in Northern Ireland just how worldwide we are, and how fortunate we are to have friends in far flung places — although given the age-related emails that I have been getting recently, there are a few "friends" I'd like "flung far"! Anyhow, you're all forgiven.

You'll get our addresses here (http://www.anotherfinesite.com/Membership.htm). If your magazine is available online, please point us in the right direction we'll do the rest. If you create your magazine online but print it, it might be easier to email us the magazine as an attachment. It would be great to have as many magazines as possible, and in as many languages as possible. We have these magazines to display so far:

Another Fine Gazette
Jitterings
The Birmingham Bark
The Laurel and Hardy Magazine
Bowler Desert
The Perry Winkle
the Intra-tent journal

Would you also give us a line or two about your tent such as when you were foundered and your best Laurel and Hardy moment and we'll add it in a little note below your magazine.

Thanks guys.

Gerry

Aged 50-and-two-days — and proud of it!!!!

Gerry Dunne, Vice Sheik,
Another Fine Mess Tent, Northern Ireland
Stowaway Member of the Saps at Sea Tent

Gerry
Vice Sheik
Vice Sheik

Re: Calling All Sons with Club Magazines

Postby Hugi on Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 am

Well that's a realy nice idea but I dont think that I can help you out!?
I have some older magazines but I am not an official member anymore off the Sons since 1997...

But you can tell youre friends that Stan and Babe have fans all over the world, even in little Belgium :)
Our world could be a better place iff everybody was a little bit Laurel and Hardy

Hugi
Cuckoo
Cuckoo

Postby El-Matador on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:57 pm

Nice Idea Gerry. Hope you had a good Birthday.
Back to Mexico City with Don Sebastian and El-Matador with the Bullfight of the century lets get it on.

El-Matador
Overstuffed Polliwog
Overstuffed Polliwog

Postby Gerry on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:59 am

Cheers Guys.

I've been sent one from a Son in Brazil — just shows you how far the forum reaches. The more the merrier.

Gerry
Gerry Dunne, Vice Sheik,
Another Fine Mess Tent, Northern Ireland
Stowaway Member of the Saps at Sea Tent

Gerry
Vice Sheik
Vice Sheik

Return to Denker's Beer Garden