How Did You Find Out About The Forum?

New to the site? Introduce yourself in here. Sit down, take your 'hat off'. Tell us how you found us, and a little about yourself. You dont have to be too detailed.

Moderators: Nico, Mr. Hall, René Riva, Kay, administrator, Neil

How Did You Find Out About The Forum?

Postby Ross on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:32 pm

How did you find out about the forum?

Accidently? Search engine? Youtube? word of mouth? podcast? another site? I guess there are many possibilities.

Tell us how you found us? :D
"Any bird can build a nest, but it isn't everyone who can lay an egg!"

Ross
Admin
Admin

Postby Find Hats Off on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:08 pm

I don't remember exactly where I first heard about the Forum, except that I had noticed it in a few different "links" sections of other websites, like Laurel & Hardy Central- Hard Boiled Egg and Nuts. Once I had clicked on a link to the Laurel and Hardy "Newsgroup", and got some message about needing a "domain name" or something like that. The next several times that I saw a link to the L&H Forum, I somehow thought that this was the same thing, so I never even clicked on it. I kept seeing this "Laurel and Hardy Forum" link on different websites and whenever I just typed in "Laurel and Hardy" on a search engine, so one day I realized that I probably had never even seen this site, so I clicked on it, signed up, and have been around here ever since.

I guess it would be more interesting to say something like "I was cooking a leg of lamb, and grease spilled on my arm. The guy who was supposed to direct me ended up playing my role, and with a bandage on my arm, I mistakenly clicked on this site..." or maybe, "After she gave it to you and you gave it to me and I gave it back to you to pay my room and board, you put it down on the "enter" button, and we ended up getting logged onto this site, and we needed someone to help drive and share expenses, just like when we came out here, isn't it?"

Anyway, this is the greatest website on the internet, and I still can't think of which site to vote for as "Website of the Year, 2008!" It has been a pleasure to be on the Forum, and I hope that it continues strong always. Best wishes to all- keep getting into nice messes!
Ollie: "You have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool a Hardy."
Stan: "What time?"
Find Hats Off
Pee Wee
Pee Wee

Postby dani on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:57 pm

Well you see Brigadier, it was like this......... I was knocking on the door when all of a sudden.................

I would periodically check to see what was going on in the world of Laurel and Hardy on various websites, and somehow managed to miss the links to this wonderful forum for about two years. Now how can anyone be so careless as to continually keep missing the same thing over and over again ? I think that I did find it a while ago, but it kept coming up with "cannot find server", and it slipped my mind after that. Anyway, I was messing around one evening and just put "Laurel and Hardy" in to a Google search, and sim zalabim, there you were.:D

I haven't left since. Can anyone tell me how I can get out ?
Ok I'll have it without chocolate !
QT !

dani
Jailbird
Jailbird

Postby stanfan1 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:39 pm

I was looking for photos of Stan for his avatar for my forums on Photobucket and came across one that said laurelandhardyforum.com. I typed that in the URL box and here I am!

stanfan1
Cuckoo
Cuckoo

Postby Jay Borrano on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:01 pm

HI Newbie Jay here; I was watching 'Flying Deuces' on TCM one day, and at the end when the credits were rolling; I noticed the Laurel & Hardy Appreciation Society, and here I be! :)
laugh till it hurts!
Jay Borrano
Beer Baron
Beer Baron

Postby Mr. Hall on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:11 am

Hi Jay
Nice to meet you :)

l found this site by googling L&H, looking for
something beyond what l'd seen... l signed up
but couldn't figure out how to get beyond the
front page... a couple of months later l started
getting 'topic reply notifications' in my e-mail...
eventually l opened one, and've been here since...
:evil:

Mr. Hall
Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby Sal A. Mander on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:45 pm

By the dutchfan site: http://www.blotto.nl. I always check it for the latest Laurel and Hardy news.
And there I discoverd the link to this forum. :D
Excuse me please, my ear is full of milk.

Sal A. Mander
Beer Baron
Beer Baron

Postby john-Bogie on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:32 pm

From our Tent meetings. :D
I Dreamt I was awake but when I woke up I found I was still sleeping, what a terrible catsafterme!..... I would give my right arm to be Ambidextrous!.

John Bogie, Vice Sheik
Fra Diavolo Tent, Scotland

john-Bogie
Overstuffed Polliwog
Overstuffed Polliwog

Postby Ross on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:35 pm

lol John. You said that so seriously too. In other words I told him haha. Straight from the horses butt.
Last edited by Ross on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ross
Admin
Admin

Postby René Riva on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:38 pm

Ross wrote:Straight from the horses butt.

Gee, that must be a bad smell!
Member of Perfect Day Tent, Oasis 13, Netherlands (since 1992)
Member of Call of the Cuckoos Tent, Oasis 166, Scotland (since 2006)
Member of Helpmates Tent, Oasis 25, England (since 2006)
Stowaway Member of Saps at Sea Tent, Oasis 207, England (since 2008)
Subscriber Intra-Tent Journal (since 2008)
Member of The Bohemian Girl Tent, Oasis 278, Netherlands (since 2009)

René Riva
Global Mod
Global Mod

Postby john-Bogie on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Ross wrote:lol John. You said that so seriously too. In other words I told him haha. Straight from the horses butt.

Since when have you ever known me to be serious Ross ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I Dreamt I was awake but when I woke up I found I was still sleeping, what a terrible catsafterme!..... I would give my right arm to be Ambidextrous!.

John Bogie, Vice Sheik

john-Bogie
Overstuffed Polliwog
Overstuffed Polliwog

Postby Ross on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:58 pm

Only when you laugh John :)

Ross
Admin
Admin

Postby welshhardyfan on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:41 am

I'm a member of IMDB (I'm known as rachybabes13 there) and I was looking up Laurel and Hardy on the site and in one thread there was a link to this site so I copied and pasted the link, pressed enter and here I am! :D
Ollie: Threw you in a barrel of water.. where's the water?
Stan: I drank it

Below Zero :P Hahaha so funny :D

welshhardyfan
Fresh Fish
Fresh Fish

Postby john-Bogie on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:28 pm

A very warm welcome Welshhardyfan to you from Bonnie Scotland,
Always inspiring to have a new member on our Forum, hope you Enjoy ! :D

John Bogie, Vice Sheik

john-Bogie
Overstuffed Polliwog
Overstuffed Polliwog

Postby mjroebuck on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:37 pm

I found out about this site quite by accident, a few weeks ago, through the Laurel and Hardy Usenet news group, alt.comedy.laurel-hardy. There was a discussion going on about this site being down briefly. I decided to check it out. It seems like everything that USED to be on alt.comedy.laurel-hardy is now here.

I posted the URL to this Web site on alt.comedy.laurel-hardy this morning, Thursday Sept. 4, 2008 (U.S. date format. Mainly because I'm a U.S.an).

I especially like the Laurel and Hardy solo film stuff, because I'm abssolutely DETERMINED to get every surviving Laurel and Hardy solo film on DVD. Some day. Dognab it. - Jim Roebuck
mjroebuck
Fresh Fish
Fresh Fish

Next

Return to Saloon Bar