Welcome To The Forum

New to the site? Introduce yourself in here. Sit down, take your 'hat off'. Tell us how you found us, and a little about yourself. You dont have to be too detailed.

Moderators: Nico, Mr. Hall, René Riva, Kay, administrator, Neil

Welcome To The Forum

Postby Neil on Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:00 pm

Hi All
My name is Neil.
I remember watching Bob Monkhouse doing his "Mad Movies" I remember being enthralled by these black and white films featuring Ben Turpin , Chester Conklin Charlie Chaplin , but my favorites were of course Laurel and Hardy , there was something about the relationship these two had both with each other and with the world in general that appealed to me .
In 1992 I was reading about a convention of L&H fans in Haydock and it had a contact no so I rang and started going to the "Come Clean" meetings in Widnes , and the rest as they say is History . :D
"Mr Hardy holds that every man should tell his Wife the whole truth... Mr Laurel is Crazy too!" COME CLEAN (1931)

Neil Evans, Member at Large
Dirty Work Tent , Wigan
Neil
Admin
Admin

Hello

Postby Ross on Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:25 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Ross Owen. I am a cabaret entertainer from Airdrie in Scotland. Thanks to my parents, I have been a fan of Laurel & Hardy ever since I was a kid. I like to collect Laurel & Hardy and showbiz memorabilia. My son Hunter is as big a fan as I am. Long may the new generations continue to discover Stan Laurel and Oliver 'Norvell' Hardy.

Ross
Admin
Admin

About BlackRaven

Postby BlackRaven on Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:33 am

Hello everybody.

I am 29 (I go over the 30 hill in June next year). I was born in Clock Face, moved to Sutton Manor, then Ravenhead (near Thatto Heath), before finally leaving home and living in Newton-le-Willows with my beautiful wife.

I have watched Laurel and Hardy movies from as long as I can remember. My earliest memory of them was as a youngster visiting some relatives in Bootle, Liverpool for the first time and my elder cousin having loads of them on video. From arriving first thing in the morning, to going home last thing at night, we watched non-stop Laurel & Hardy movies. Shorties, Longies everything. I was engrossed. Every time I saw that Laurel & Hardy was on the TV, I would make sure I watched it.

BlackRaven
Admin
Admin

Ahoy Hoy

Postby Dean on Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:16 pm

There isn't much to say about me except :P is my all time favorite emoticon.

Anyway my name is Dean I live in Coatbridge, Scotland, not far from Ross. I am 21 and a bit (the bit adding up to 6 years....and a bit) but i never feel like I get older, just dumber. I have a BA Hon's in Management but recently lost my job after another nice mess.

I've been a life long Laurel and Hardy fan, my earliest memory was watching Swiss Miss and the Alpine Gorge scene, interestingly enough it is now one of my least favorite Laurel and Hardy films if there can be such a thing.

Used to be a member of the Bonnie Scotland tent, was unable to make meetings due to the night of the week and distance, so instead I just subscibed to the Bowler Dessert, Willie McIntyre used to say subscribers became automatic members of the Call of the Cuckoos Tent. I remember when my gran was buying me a clock she asked do you like Stan or Oliver better (cause there was a clock of each) I nearly had a fit and tried to explain that one needed the other and not to make me choose, I left the shop and let her pick for me, she bought a Stan one, I went back a few days later whith the intention of buying an Oliver one to complete the partnership and found one with both of them and got that instead. I tell that story because I believe, as Stan did in later life, that they both needed each other to be at their best and I know Stan rightly is given most credit for behind the camera work but without one the other was just another actor trying to find his feet in films.

As well as Laurel and Hardy i enjoy other types of comedy, especially Scottish. Perhaps since it is a year to the day from his death I should mention the great Rikki Fulton, who was, is and ever shall be one of my heros, up there with the Boys
Last edited by Dean on Sun May 08, 2005 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Life isn't short enough!"

Dean
Tie Twiddler
Tie Twiddler

Postby BlackRaven on Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:39 pm

Welcome Dean - our first post from a fully fledged member.

Hope you like it here, and become an avid poster. Any recommendations/proposals/suggestions etc, please let us know so we can grow and adapt to our members.

BlackRaven
Admin
Admin

hi

Postby lonesomepine on Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:56 pm

Hi from lonesomepine.... this old tree is just going to stand here in the garden of this high class establishment and put down some roots. If this place only had some blue ridged mountains it would be perfect .....
lonesomepine
Fresh Fish
Fresh Fish

Postby Neil on Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:01 pm

Welcome Dean
Hope you have fun here :D
"Mr Hardy holds that every man should tell his Wife the whole truth... Mr Laurel is Crazy too!" COME CLEAN (1931)

Dirty Work Tent , Wigan
Neil
Admin
Admin

Postby Neil on Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:03 pm

They are being delivered next week , they`ll go just over there :lol:
Welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum

Dirty Work Tent , Wigan
Neil
Admin
Admin

Postby Ross on Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:26 am

Howdy Dean - glad ya made it :D
"Any bird can build a nest, but it isn't everyone who can lay an egg!"

Ross
Admin
Admin

Postby Ross on Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:28 am

Hi Lonesome - guess what? We do got Blue Ridge Mountains! The main category in the forum! Good to see you, make yourself at home.

Ross
Admin
Admin

here we are

Postby loris on Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:33 am

Hello, boys and girls!
What can I say? this new forum is AMAZING! a great good work!! :P :P :D
loris
Jailbird
Jailbird

Postby Ross on Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:51 am

Hey Loris, welcome to our new home.
Last edited by Ross on Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ross
Admin
Admin

Postby BlackRaven on Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:05 am

Just call me Mohammed - I can move any mountain.

Welcome to the new forum.

BlackRaven
Admin
Admin

Postby BlackRaven on Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:05 am

Welcome Loris, and thanks for our first words of praise.

BlackRaven
Admin
Admin

Postby loris on Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:39 am

Thank you for the welcome :)

About me: I'm 24 years old, from Italy. my love for the Boys started when I was very little...and it's continuing today! :P

I'm studying cinema (script) at university while I'm working (in a blockbuster store). On my own I've published 2 books and in both of them I've put some references to the Boys

I love motorbikes (my beautiful Suzuki) and sports. (this information is superfluous :roll: )
I'm a long distance member of the Helpmates Tent and I'm not a member, but I know very well the Noi Siamo le Colonne, the Italian Tent.

Well, as Stan wrote me once: "If you're not in when I come back, I'll know you're out"
:D
loris
Jailbird
Jailbird

Next

Return to Saloon Bar